Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Make It Rain-Grim Reaper Artwork and a Fairies Illustrations


I hear the ground

those before me

I am humbled.

I hear their voices

they speak of lost days

grim reaper artwork

so why

do I...

lose them?

I want to feel passion

I want to make it rain

yet I am almost sick of the word.

it is not enough

words not met by deeds.

Pictures cut out from magazines

pasted on the floor

I want to walk in their gardens.

I stroke my own hair

hear me breathing

I am not sure it is really me

and yet

I am a fantasy fairy in a snow filled jar.

A bench sits in the middle of the ocean

my brush is filled with aqua.

I remove tight fitting muzzles

lest bright colors fly away.

I always seem to miss the signs

and yet

I will try to spy them now

lest I die.

One cannot control adventures

nor define them

a fairies illustrations

but I will try none the less.

I count the days

grim reaper

but I am not sure why

maybe because

I count my paintings.

I hear the breaths of tombs.

They did not know their shadow

before their passing.

And ohhh...

I hear their complaints

making rain

I guess I am one.

I sing in harmony.

How many failures can one accept

and still be noticed?

Let me climb from this jar

let me taste the stamen of a flower

touch my tongue on a tiny miracle

stave off honey bees

stand firm

this story is meant for me.

Pleasantries are gone in winter

it feels too cold for smiles.

I will seclude myself

till the snow is past

and no longer floating free

in unopened jars full of water

filled to the brim with wishes

for fantasy fairies like me.

I am a tear

yet I have added a second blanket

and should be fine.

Voices

everywhere

I stop

I hear...

grim reaper illustrations

calling out for drops of water.

And ever so timely

bringing umbrellas to cover

voices from the ground.




ABOUT Kathy Ostman-Magnusen

I paint and sculpt female fantasy art and map faery tale adventures. I dream of beautiful women on canvas and art of exotic women.

I have illustrated for Hay House Inc.,"Women Who Do Too Much" CARDS taken from Anne Wilson Schaef's book. I also illustrated for Neil Davidson, who was considered for the Pulitzer Prize in feature writing, and several other publications. My paintings are collected worldwide.

Giclee canvas art work, greeting cards and posters are available for sale on my website: http://www.kathysart.com

Sign up for my mailing list for FREE ART GIFTS: Drawings of whimsical angel pictures, legends of mermaids and fairies in art. Tiny angels whisper fantasy art for shrink art, or coloring pages. Also a "Letter From the Tooth Fairy". Ya just never know when you might need one! New free magical gifts are in my newsletter along with stories, poems and good thoughts.

Discover my journey, "Innocent Angels|Swan Song"

http://www.kathysart.com/Innocent_Angels_Swan_Song.html




0 comments:

Post a Comment